New York News
Man fatally shot inside Harlem chicken restaurant
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man was fatally shot during a dispute inside a Harlem chicken restaurant early Tuesday.
The incident happened on Adam Clayton Powell Boulevard and West 146th Street just before 1:15 a.m.
Authorities say the 35-year-old victim was shot in the neck and pronounced dead at the scene.
The gunman apparently got into a dispute with the victim inside United Fried Chicken and Pizza. He then left, came back with the gun and opened fire.
Anguished family members rushed to the scene of the shooting. They identified the victim as Tyreke Taylor.
They said the victim's brother was fatally shot in Harlem in June 2009, a crime that was never solved. Taylor leaves behind three children.
Detectives were reviewing surveillance video from the restaurant.
The restaurant opened last September.
new york city, harlem, shooting, new york news
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- Bratton to join Sharpton at rally in Harlem 49 min ago
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 17 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
17 min ago