New York News
Man fatally shot inside Harlem chicken restaurant
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man was fatally shot during a dispute inside a Harlem chicken restaurant early Tuesday.
The incident happened on Adam Clayton Powell Boulevard and West 146th Street just before 1:15 a.m.
Authorities say the 35-year-old victim was shot in the neck and pronounced dead at the scene.
The gunman apparently got into a dispute with the victim inside United Fried Chicken and Pizza. He then left, came back with the gun and opened fire.
Anguished family members rushed to the scene of the shooting. They identified the victim as Tyreke Taylor.
They said the victim's brother was fatally shot in Harlem in June 2009, a crime that was never solved. Taylor leaves behind three children.
Detectives were reviewing surveillance video from the restaurant.
The restaurant opened last September.
new york city, harlem, shooting, new york news
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub 20 min ago
- Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half Marathon 17 min ago
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Sick patrons interrupt Broadway show performance
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014