New York News
Man fatally shot inside Harlem chicken restaurant
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man was fatally shot during a dispute inside a Harlem chicken restaurant early Tuesday.
The incident happened on Adam Clayton Powell Boulevard and West 146th Street just before 1:15 a.m.
Authorities say the 35-year-old victim was shot in the neck and pronounced dead at the scene.
The gunman apparently got into a dispute with the victim inside United Fried Chicken and Pizza. He then left, came back with the gun and opened fire.
Anguished family members rushed to the scene of the shooting. They identified the victim as Tyreke Taylor.
They said the victim's brother was fatally shot in Harlem in June 2009, a crime that was never solved. Taylor leaves behind three children.
Detectives were reviewing surveillance video from the restaurant.
The restaurant opened last September.
new york city, harlem, shooting, new york news
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- Princeton to begin meningitis B vaccinations Monday
- Paul Walker memorial draws thousands in California
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold 23 min ago
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos