New York News
MTA bus driver punched, robbed on Lower East Side
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The NYPD is hunting for the person who beat up and robbed a Manhattan bus driver Monday night.
Authorities say someone got on the M14 bus on the Lower East Side, then punched the female driver several times in the head and ran off with her purse.
The incident happened near Houston and Columbia streets around 8:35 p.m.
The attacker disappeared into the Baruch Houses.
The driver, a 14-year MTA veteran, was treated at New York Downtown Hospital for cuts to her face.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, lower east side, mta, bus, assault, robbery, new york news
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide 59 min ago
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- Princeton to begin meningitis B vaccinations Monday
- Paul Walker memorial draws thousands in California
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold 17 min ago
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos