New York News
Bus driver slashed by passenger in the Bronx
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A bus driver was slashed while driving a bus in the Bronx on Wednesday afternoon.
It happened just after 4 p.m. Wednesday near Southern Boulevard and Westchester Avenue.
The bus driver is 14 year veteran, and was slashed in the right arm. He was driving a BX 5 bus and there were passengers on it.
Bus driver told the union that the suspect was on the bus. He reached down to make an announcement and the suspect slashed him.
He said it was not a robbery attempt. He doesn't know why the guy slashed him.
A Union representative says there was a partition on the bus, which prevented the suspect from getting too close to the driver.
The driver was taken to Lincoln Hospital and his injuries are not life threatening.
The suspect dropped his cell phone and left it behind.
The bus driver thinks he was slashed with a razor blade.
new york city, new york news
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms 2 min ago
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms
2 min ago