New York News
Bus driver slashed by passenger in the Bronx
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A bus driver was slashed while driving a bus in the Bronx on Wednesday afternoon.
It happened just after 4 p.m. Wednesday near Southern Boulevard and Westchester Avenue.
The bus driver is 14 year veteran, and was slashed in the right arm. He was driving a BX 5 bus and there were passengers on it.
Bus driver told the union that the suspect was on the bus. He reached down to make an announcement and the suspect slashed him.
He said it was not a robbery attempt. He doesn't know why the guy slashed him.
A Union representative says there was a partition on the bus, which prevented the suspect from getting too close to the driver.
The driver was taken to Lincoln Hospital and his injuries are not life threatening.
The suspect dropped his cell phone and left it behind.
The bus driver thinks he was slashed with a razor blade.
new york city, new york news
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 36 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
36 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos