New York News
Bus driver slashed by passenger in the Bronx
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A bus driver was slashed while driving a bus in the Bronx on Wednesday afternoon.
It happened just after 4 p.m. Wednesday near Southern Boulevard and Westchester Avenue.
The bus driver is 14 year veteran, and was slashed in the right arm. He was driving a BX 5 bus and there were passengers on it.
Bus driver told the union that the suspect was on the bus. He reached down to make an announcement and the suspect slashed him.
He said it was not a robbery attempt. He doesn't know why the guy slashed him.
A Union representative says there was a partition on the bus, which prevented the suspect from getting too close to the driver.
The driver was taken to Lincoln Hospital and his injuries are not life threatening.
The suspect dropped his cell phone and left it behind.
The bus driver thinks he was slashed with a razor blade.
new york city, new york news
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire 40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in 58 min ago
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- NYC baby brought to hospital by parents pronounced dead 13 min ago
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat 21 min ago
- LI pet store thief wanted for stealing puppy 14 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela ceremony called a 'fake' 23 min ago
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
58 min ago