New York News
Arrest in Harlem chicken restaurant murder
HARLEM (WABC) -- A man is under arrest for a murder Tuesday morning outside a fast food restaurant in Harlem.
21-year old Malik Layne is charged with murdering Tyreke Taylor after an argument spilled out of United Fried Chicken and Pizza.
Taylor left behind three children.
The incident happened on Adam Clayton Powell Boulevard and West 146th Street just before 1:15 a.m.
Authorities say the 35-year-old victim was shot in the neck and pronounced dead at the scene.
The gunman apparently got into a dispute with the victim inside the restaurant. Police say he then left, came back with the gun and opened fire.
Anguished family members rushed to the scene of the shooting.
They said the victim's brother was fatally shot in Harlem in June 2009, a crime that was never solved.
The restaurant opened last September.
new york city, harlem, murder, new york news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park