New York News
Arrest in Harlem chicken restaurant murder
HARLEM (WABC) -- A man is under arrest for a murder Tuesday morning outside a fast food restaurant in Harlem.
21-year old Malik Layne is charged with murdering Tyreke Taylor after an argument spilled out of United Fried Chicken and Pizza.
Taylor left behind three children.
The incident happened on Adam Clayton Powell Boulevard and West 146th Street just before 1:15 a.m.
Authorities say the 35-year-old victim was shot in the neck and pronounced dead at the scene.
The gunman apparently got into a dispute with the victim inside the restaurant. Police say he then left, came back with the gun and opened fire.
Anguished family members rushed to the scene of the shooting.
They said the victim's brother was fatally shot in Harlem in June 2009, a crime that was never solved.
The restaurant opened last September.
new york city, harlem, murder, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 8 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death 25 min ago
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash 3 min ago
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon 2 min ago
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Charges expected in fraternity death
25 min ago
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
3 min ago
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
8 min ago
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
2 min ago