New York News
Arrest in Harlem chicken restaurant murder
HARLEM (WABC) -- A man is under arrest for a murder Tuesday morning outside a fast food restaurant in Harlem.
21-year old Malik Layne is charged with murdering Tyreke Taylor after an argument spilled out of United Fried Chicken and Pizza.
Taylor left behind three children.
The incident happened on Adam Clayton Powell Boulevard and West 146th Street just before 1:15 a.m.
Authorities say the 35-year-old victim was shot in the neck and pronounced dead at the scene.
The gunman apparently got into a dispute with the victim inside the restaurant. Police say he then left, came back with the gun and opened fire.
Anguished family members rushed to the scene of the shooting.
They said the victim's brother was fatally shot in Harlem in June 2009, a crime that was never solved.
The restaurant opened last September.
new york city, harlem, murder, new york news
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 35 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 52 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 52 min ago
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
35 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos