New York News
2 arrested in Bronx trying to sell fireworks online
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York City police have seized $1,600 worth of fireworks and arrested two individuals in the Bronx in a citywide crackdown of illegal fireworks sales.
The NYPD's top spokesman Paul Browne says Wednesday the individuals were identified after officers discovered they were trying to sell the fireworks on Craigslist.
Browne says Wednesday's seizure was one of 46 police have conducted ahead of July Fourth. He says police have arrested 65 people and seized five vehicles used to bring illegal fireworks into New York City from out of state.
Browne says of the 46 total illegal fireworks seizures, 13 were made at vehicle checkpoints and the rest either during buy operations or as a result of search warrants.
new york city, bronx, fireworks, new york news
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Newark tanker fire snarls traffic, delays NJ Transit trains
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Suspect in terrifying Brooklyn sex assault caught on camera 34 min ago
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- Photos: Suspect wanted in attempted rape and robbery
- George Zimmerman's parents sue Roseanne Barr 56 min ago
- Alleged drunk driver rams crowd, kills 2 at SXSW in Texas
- Report: Average Wall Street bonus tops $164,000