New York News
2 arrested in Bronx trying to sell fireworks online
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York City police have seized $1,600 worth of fireworks and arrested two individuals in the Bronx in a citywide crackdown of illegal fireworks sales.
The NYPD's top spokesman Paul Browne says Wednesday the individuals were identified after officers discovered they were trying to sell the fireworks on Craigslist.
Browne says Wednesday's seizure was one of 46 police have conducted ahead of July Fourth. He says police have arrested 65 people and seized five vehicles used to bring illegal fireworks into New York City from out of state.
Browne says of the 46 total illegal fireworks seizures, 13 were made at vehicle checkpoints and the rest either during buy operations or as a result of search warrants.
new york city, bronx, fireworks, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted 12 min ago
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar 46 min ago
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving 54 min ago
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral 28 min ago
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced