New York News
2 arrested in Bronx trying to sell fireworks online
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York City police have seized $1,600 worth of fireworks and arrested two individuals in the Bronx in a citywide crackdown of illegal fireworks sales.
The NYPD's top spokesman Paul Browne says Wednesday the individuals were identified after officers discovered they were trying to sell the fireworks on Craigslist.
Browne says Wednesday's seizure was one of 46 police have conducted ahead of July Fourth. He says police have arrested 65 people and seized five vehicles used to bring illegal fireworks into New York City from out of state.
Browne says of the 46 total illegal fireworks seizures, 13 were made at vehicle checkpoints and the rest either during buy operations or as a result of search warrants.
new york city, bronx, fireworks, new york news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos