New York News
2 children critically hurt in Brooklyn fire
BROWNSVILLE (WABC) -- A fire at an apartment building in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn has sent two young children to the hospital.
The children, 4-year old Rolando Rich and his 3-year old sister Desani, are in critical but stable condition at Brookdale Hospital.
The fire broke out in the master bedroom of a second floor apartment in the Van Dyck houses, just after 2:30 a.m. Saturday.
Two older children were able to make it out safely, as did residents from other units, but firefighters had to rescue the two younger children, who were overcome by smoke.
Both were unconscious when they were pulled to safety.
The fire was brought under control within 45 minutes.
The cause is still under investigation.
new york city, brooklyn, brownsville, child injured, fire rescue, new york news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos