New York News
2 children critically hurt in Brooklyn fire
BROWNSVILLE (WABC) -- A fire at an apartment building in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn has sent two young children to the hospital.
The children, 4-year old Rolando Rich and his 3-year old sister Desani, are in critical but stable condition at Brookdale Hospital.
The fire broke out in the master bedroom of a second floor apartment in the Van Dyck houses, just after 2:30 a.m. Saturday.
Two older children were able to make it out safely, as did residents from other units, but firefighters had to rescue the two younger children, who were overcome by smoke.
Both were unconscious when they were pulled to safety.
The fire was brought under control within 45 minutes.
The cause is still under investigation.
new york city, brooklyn, brownsville, child injured, fire rescue, new york news
- Cuomo to announce deal between MTA and Union 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 2 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 2 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014