New York News
2 children critically hurt in Brooklyn fire
BROWNSVILLE (WABC) -- A fire at an apartment building in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn has sent two young children to the hospital.
The children, 4-year old Rolando Rich and his 3-year old sister Desani, are in critical but stable condition at Brookdale Hospital.
The fire broke out in the master bedroom of a second floor apartment in the Van Dyck houses, just after 2:30 a.m. Saturday.
Two older children were able to make it out safely, as did residents from other units, but firefighters had to rescue the two younger children, who were overcome by smoke.
Both were unconscious when they were pulled to safety.
The fire was brought under control within 45 minutes.
The cause is still under investigation.
new york city, brooklyn, brownsville, child injured, fire rescue, new york news
- Car drives through Trader Joe's in Nassau County 13 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Freight train, truck collide in West Nyack 10 min ago
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- UPS facility fire damages packages on Long Island
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners
- USA to open against Ghana in '14 World Cup 53 min ago