New York News
Car hits tree in Brooklyn, killing driver
MIDWOOD (WABC) -- One person is dead and two others are hospitalized after their car slammed into a tree in the Midwood section of Brooklyn.
The accident happened at about 2:45 a.m. Sunday on Ocean Parkway and Avenue J.
Police say the 20-year old driver of a 2001 Lexus was travelling at more than 60 miles an hour when he tried to change lanes to avoid another car and hit the tree.
The driver, Zahurul Alam, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Two passengers in the car are in stable condition at Lutheran Medical Center.
Ocean Parkway was closed for several hours while police investigated the crash.
new york city, brooklyn, accident, midwood, new york news, lisa colagrossi
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey