New York News
Mega Bus crashes into overpass at Port Authority
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A double-decker Mega Bus hit an overpass at the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan Tuesday morning.
The bus, en route from Pittsburgh to New York City, hit the overpass as it pulled into the bus terminal just after 8 a.m.
The oversized bus went up the 40th Street bus ramp and became wedged under the overpass.
The passengers were off loaded from the bus and were standing on a ramp.
The driver was issued a summons. One passenger sustained a minor injury.
The top of the bus was damaged.
The bus was removed and cleared off the ramp at 8:50 a.m.
The ramp is currently open.
Bus service to/from Port Authority Bus Terminal is subject to up to 30 min delays due to the earlier disabled vehicle outside the Lincoln Tunnel.
new york city, port authority bus terminal, bus accident, new york news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen