New York News
Mega Bus crashes into overpass at Port Authority
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A double-decker Mega Bus hit an overpass at the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan Tuesday morning.
The bus, en route from Pittsburgh to New York City, hit the overpass as it pulled into the bus terminal just after 8 a.m.
The oversized bus went up the 40th Street bus ramp and became wedged under the overpass.
The passengers were off loaded from the bus and were standing on a ramp.
The driver was issued a summons. One passenger sustained a minor injury.
The top of the bus was damaged.
The bus was removed and cleared off the ramp at 8:50 a.m.
The ramp is currently open.
Bus service to/from Port Authority Bus Terminal is subject to up to 30 min delays due to the earlier disabled vehicle outside the Lincoln Tunnel.
new york city, port authority bus terminal, bus accident, new york news
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Newark tanker fire snarls traffic, delays NJ Transit trains
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Suspect in terrifying Brooklyn sex assault caught on camera 59 min ago
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- Photos: Suspect wanted in attempted rape and robbery
- George Zimmerman's parents sue Roseanne Barr
- Alleged drunk driver rams crowd, kills 2 at SXSW in Texas
- Report: Average Wall Street bonus tops $164,000