New York News
Mega Bus crashes into overpass at Port Authority
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A double-decker Mega Bus hit an overpass at the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan Tuesday morning.
The bus, en route from Pittsburgh to New York City, hit the overpass as it pulled into the bus terminal just after 8 a.m.
The oversized bus went up the 40th Street bus ramp and became wedged under the overpass.
The passengers were off loaded from the bus and were standing on a ramp.
The driver was issued a summons. One passenger sustained a minor injury.
The top of the bus was damaged.
The bus was removed and cleared off the ramp at 8:50 a.m.
The ramp is currently open.
Bus service to/from Port Authority Bus Terminal is subject to up to 30 min delays due to the earlier disabled vehicle outside the Lincoln Tunnel.
new york city, port authority bus terminal, bus accident, new york news
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 36 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son