New York News
Mega Bus crashes into overpass at Port Authority
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A double-decker Mega Bus hit an overpass at the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan Tuesday morning.
The bus, en route from Pittsburgh to New York City, hit the overpass as it pulled into the bus terminal just after 8 a.m.
The oversized bus went up the 40th Street bus ramp and became wedged under the overpass.
The passengers were off loaded from the bus and were standing on a ramp.
The driver was issued a summons. One passenger sustained a minor injury.
The top of the bus was damaged.
The bus was removed and cleared off the ramp at 8:50 a.m.
The ramp is currently open.
Bus service to/from Port Authority Bus Terminal is subject to up to 30 min delays due to the earlier disabled vehicle outside the Lincoln Tunnel.
new york city, port authority bus terminal, bus accident, new york news
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident