New York News
Missing boy from Brooklyn found in North Carolina
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Authorities say a missing 12-year old boy from Brooklyn has been found.
Shawn Martinez had been last seen leaving his home at 270 Wortman Avenue in the East New York section.
Police say the boy is in good physical and mental condition.
He is a foster child, and it is believed that he ran away from his foster home in Brooklyn to be with his biological mother.
Police Commissioner Ray Kelly says the boy was found in Fayetteville, North Carolina, on a bus headed from Florida to New York.
Kelly said it appears Shawn had gone to visit his mother in Florida.
He is currently with a child services agency in North Carolina.
The Missing Child Alert issued by the New York State Missing Person Clearinghouse.on behalf of the NYPD was cancelled Wednesday morning.
new york city, missing children, missing person, brooklyn, new york news
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week 53 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze' 37 min ago
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died 38 min ago
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Moriches boat crash injures 3 fishermen
- Search for missing teenager in Linden, New Jersey
- Woman's body discovered in Rochelle Park
- 5-year old girl from East Harlem found
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
37 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
53 min ago