New York News
Missing boy from Brooklyn found in North Carolina
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Authorities say a missing 12-year old boy from Brooklyn has been found.
Shawn Martinez had been last seen leaving his home at 270 Wortman Avenue in the East New York section.
Police say the boy is in good physical and mental condition.
He is a foster child, and it is believed that he ran away from his foster home in Brooklyn to be with his biological mother.
Police Commissioner Ray Kelly says the boy was found in Fayetteville, North Carolina, on a bus headed from Florida to New York.
Kelly said it appears Shawn had gone to visit his mother in Florida.
He is currently with a child services agency in North Carolina.
The Missing Child Alert issued by the New York State Missing Person Clearinghouse.on behalf of the NYPD was cancelled Wednesday morning.
new york city, missing children, missing person, brooklyn, new york news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey