New York News
Arrest warrant issued for landlord of hazardous building
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An arrest warrant has been issued for a landlord in the Bronx accused of refusing to fix one of the most hazardous buildings in the city.
Officials say tenants are living in deplorable and dangerous conditions.
Joel Loutan, the owner of 1514 East 172nd Street in the Soundview Section, has been ordered to jail until repairs are made.
Loutan must replace the roof, fix walls, rewire the building, and replace the heating system.
Housing Preservation and Development Commissioner Mathew Wambua released a statement saying, "I sincerely hope that other owners who maybe in a similar position view this as a stark wakeup call as well as an opportunity to put their affairs in order and do right by their tenants."
new york city, bronx, soundview, new york news
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 5 min ago
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309M for Tuesday drawing
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom 27 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
5 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos