New York News
Arrest warrant issued for landlord of hazardous building
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An arrest warrant has been issued for a landlord in the Bronx accused of refusing to fix one of the most hazardous buildings in the city.
Officials say tenants are living in deplorable and dangerous conditions.
Joel Loutan, the owner of 1514 East 172nd Street in the Soundview Section, has been ordered to jail until repairs are made.
Loutan must replace the roof, fix walls, rewire the building, and replace the heating system.
Housing Preservation and Development Commissioner Mathew Wambua released a statement saying, "I sincerely hope that other owners who maybe in a similar position view this as a stark wakeup call as well as an opportunity to put their affairs in order and do right by their tenants."
new york city, bronx, soundview, new york news
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs 24 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected 9 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown 911 calls released 24 min ago
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized 17 min ago
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
24 min ago
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
17 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
9 min ago