New York News
Man arrested in Brooklyn tobacco store robbery
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Metal and glass weren't enough to stop a man from busting his way into a store in Brooklyn last month, and now police say they have their man in custody.
Alexander Franco, 27, was taken into custody and charged with first-degree robbery in connection with the incident, which was caught on surveillance camera.
Police say Franco smashed his way into a tobacco shop on Jamaica Avenue in Cypress Hills just before 5 a.m. on June 25.
Clerks say he had a gun and got away with an unknown amount of cash.
He was spotted outside the store for several minutes before he pulled up his hoodie, lowered his shoulder and crashed through the door.
new york city, brooklyn, cypress hills, robbery, new york news
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Bloomberg rides 7 train to station he helped build
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos