New York News
19 arrested in Brooklyn massage parlor prostitution crackdown
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Twleve massage parlors in Brooklyn, have been shut down by investigators during raids in a prostitution crackdown.
Nineteen people, mostly workers and parlor owners, were taken into custody. The parlors were located in Bay Ridge and Dyker Heights.
The office of Brooklyn District Attorney Charles J. Hynes says the massage parlors and day spas advertised sex services on websites like Craigslist and The Village Voice.
Officials say the massage parlors were not linked, and the arrests were the result of a year-long investigation.
Residents from the neighborhood reportedly noticed the activities and told their local community board.
Representatives from the community board will discuss the arrests at a news conference Thursday afternoon.
A number of city agencies were involved in the investigation.
new york city, brooklyn, bay ridge, prostitution, new york news
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers investigated 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 24 min ago
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers...
12 min ago