New York News
19 arrested in Brooklyn massage parlor prostitution crackdown
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Twleve massage parlors in Brooklyn, have been shut down by investigators during raids in a prostitution crackdown.
Nineteen people, mostly workers and parlor owners, were taken into custody. The parlors were located in Bay Ridge and Dyker Heights.
The office of Brooklyn District Attorney Charles J. Hynes says the massage parlors and day spas advertised sex services on websites like Craigslist and The Village Voice.
Officials say the massage parlors were not linked, and the arrests were the result of a year-long investigation.
Residents from the neighborhood reportedly noticed the activities and told their local community board.
Representatives from the community board will discuss the arrests at a news conference Thursday afternoon.
A number of city agencies were involved in the investigation.
new york city, brooklyn, bay ridge, prostitution, new york news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend 25 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Metro-North derailment victim Jim Lovell to be laid to rest 1 min ago
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
25 min ago