New York News
NYPD officer charged in attempted rape of teen
NEW YORK -- An off-duty New York City police officer has been arrested and charged with the attempted rape of a 16-year-old girl.
Officer Peter Ciollo, 29, is accused of having sex with the teen relative at his Staten Island house on the Fourth of July.
The victim is reportedly his sister in law's sister or other immediate relative on his wife's side of the family.
Authorities say Ciollo gave the girl alcohol to drink, then let her drive his car around the neighborhood.
Then they returned to his home, where he allegedly showed her computer porn before they started touching each other in his bed.
The girl says she doesn't remember what happened next, but she told police that when she woke up, she was in the bed and Ciollo's wife had walked in on them.
A wedding notice in the Staten Island Advance says he was married in 2009.
Ciollo is charged with attempted rape, endangering the welfare of a child, sexual abuse and unlawfully dealing with a child-alcohol. He has been an officer since 2006, assigned to the 120th Precinct.
He has been suspended without pay.
new york city, nypd, police officer arrested, rape, sexual assault, new york news
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen