New York News
Photos released of suspects in Manhattan, Queens robbery spree
NEW YORK (WABC) -- They NYPD is trying to track down a group men and women involved in a string of robberies in Manhattan and Queens.
So far, they've targeted eight people. One of the victims is a 54-year-old woman who stood her ground, daring a man to shoot her before he fled the scene without any of her property.
Police do not recommend that tactic, but they have released images they hope will lead to an arrest.
Authorities are looking for two men and two women, one of whom is accused of using a stolen credit card at a CVS on Queens Boulevard.
There have been eight incidents in the last two weeks. Investigators say the suspects approach their victims with a gun and demand cash or an ATM card and pin number.
But that did not work for Anna Graham, who told the suspects they didn't have the guts to shoot her when one of them pressed a gun to her forehead.
"It may not be the smartest thing to do, to say that to someone that's holding a gun to your head, but you have to admire her gumption and guts," NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly said.
Police have also released pictures of the suspected getaway car.
The females involved in the robberies are described as black women in their mid 20s. One is 5-foot-8 and weighs about 185 pounds, while the other is 5-foot-2 and weighs 110-115 pounds.
The males involved in the robberies are described as black men in their early to mid 20s. One is approximately 6-feet tall and weighs 180 pounds, while the other is described as 5-foot-5.
Anyone with information in regards to these incidents is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, manhattan, queens, robbery, new york news
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday 15 min ago
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- New York City issues snow alert
- Newtown victims to be remembered Saturday 36 min ago
- Photos: Photos of the Newtown school shooting victims
- Christie appointee resigns amid probe 59 min ago
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- JFK customs seize cocaine in hair care products 45 min ago
- NY lawmakers to announce legislation preventing bridge tolls
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing 22 min ago
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
15 min ago