New York News
Photos released of suspects in Manhattan, Queens robbery spree
NEW YORK (WABC) -- They NYPD is trying to track down a group men and women involved in a string of robberies in Manhattan and Queens.
So far, they've targeted eight people. One of the victims is a 54-year-old woman who stood her ground, daring a man to shoot her before he fled the scene without any of her property.
Police do not recommend that tactic, but they have released images they hope will lead to an arrest.
Authorities are looking for two men and two women, one of whom is accused of using a stolen credit card at a CVS on Queens Boulevard.
There have been eight incidents in the last two weeks. Investigators say the suspects approach their victims with a gun and demand cash or an ATM card and pin number.
But that did not work for Anna Graham, who told the suspects they didn't have the guts to shoot her when one of them pressed a gun to her forehead.
"It may not be the smartest thing to do, to say that to someone that's holding a gun to your head, but you have to admire her gumption and guts," NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly said.
Police have also released pictures of the suspected getaway car.
The females involved in the robberies are described as black women in their mid 20s. One is 5-foot-8 and weighs about 185 pounds, while the other is 5-foot-2 and weighs 110-115 pounds.
The males involved in the robberies are described as black men in their early to mid 20s. One is approximately 6-feet tall and weighs 180 pounds, while the other is described as 5-foot-5.
Anyone with information in regards to these incidents is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, manhattan, queens, robbery, new york news
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon 54 min ago
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos