New York News
Sketch released in Queens livery stabbing
WOODSIDE (WABC) -- Police are investigating a stabbing early Saturday morning on 68-10 Roosevelt Avenue in Woodside, Queens that left one man dead and another injured.
A man driving a black Lincoln town car took a bat to 25-year-old Isaac Martinez and another man around 5:00 Saturday morning, eventually stabbing them. Police released a sketch of the suspect on Thursday.
Martinez died, and his friend is in stable condition. It is unclear whether the man who stabbed them was a livery cab driver.
"We can't assume because you are driving a Lincoln cab that you're a livery cab driver, that's not the case," said President of the Taxi Drivers Union, Fernando Mateo.
Mateo is offering a $5,000 reward to find the suspect not on behalf of the taxi drivers, but on behalf of his community group, Hispanics Across America.
"We believe that by offering a $5,000 reward, we will get information on who committed this crime, and hopefully get people behind bars," said Mateo.
It is unclear whether Martinez and his friend got in a fight with the driver. The two were apparently drunk and had just picked up some beer.
Martinez' cousin, Michael Aguirre says Martinez worked as a DJ, and usually always came home right after work.
"He was pretty cool, a really nice guy, friendly to people," said Aguirre.
The driver of the cab is described as an Asian male, about 30 years old.
new york city, woodside, queens, stabbing, new york news, kristin thorne
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 49 min ago
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze being laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records 37 min ago
- Orange County school evacuated after ceiling collapse
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos