New York News
Teen arrested in Lower East Side robbery, attempted sex assault
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A teenager is under arrest after police say he robbed and attempted to sexually assault a woman in her Lower East Side apartment building.
The incident happened around 11 p.m. on July 10, as the 41-year-old victim was entering her building.
Police say the victim let 16-year-old Samuel Bell into the building because it appeared he was attempting to be buzzed in.
That's when authorities say he tried to force her to perform a sex act.
When she refused, police say he grabbed her, stole her wallet and cell phone and fled the scene.
The victim refused medical attention at the scene.
Bell is charged with first-degree attempted criminal sex act, third-degree robbery, fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property and third-degree assault.
new york city, lower east side, sexual assault, robbery, new york news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State 38 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store 2 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen