New York News
Teen arrested in Lower East Side robbery, attempted sex assault
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A teenager is under arrest after police say he robbed and attempted to sexually assault a woman in her Lower East Side apartment building.
The incident happened around 11 p.m. on July 10, as the 41-year-old victim was entering her building.
Police say the victim let 16-year-old Samuel Bell into the building because it appeared he was attempting to be buzzed in.
That's when authorities say he tried to force her to perform a sex act.
When she refused, police say he grabbed her, stole her wallet and cell phone and fled the scene.
The victim refused medical attention at the scene.
Bell is charged with first-degree attempted criminal sex act, third-degree robbery, fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property and third-degree assault.
new york city, lower east side, sexual assault, robbery, new york news
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 32 min ago
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat 30 min ago
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon 23 min ago
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- Secret Service investigating Target data...
32 min ago
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
32 min ago
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian...
30 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos