New York News
Teen arrested in Lower East Side robbery, attempted sex assault
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A teenager is under arrest after police say he robbed and attempted to sexually assault a woman in her Lower East Side apartment building.
The incident happened around 11 p.m. on July 10, as the 41-year-old victim was entering her building.
Police say the victim let 16-year-old Samuel Bell into the building because it appeared he was attempting to be buzzed in.
That's when authorities say he tried to force her to perform a sex act.
When she refused, police say he grabbed her, stole her wallet and cell phone and fled the scene.
The victim refused medical attention at the scene.
Bell is charged with first-degree attempted criminal sex act, third-degree robbery, fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property and third-degree assault.
new york city, lower east side, sexual assault, robbery, new york news
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 52 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309M for Tuesday drawing
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom 19 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos