New York News
Pedestrian struck by a cab in Midtown accident
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two cabs collided in Midtown, sending one of them onto the sidewalk and into a pedestrian on Monday afternoon.
The accident happened just before 4:00 p.m. on Monday at 52nd Street and 7th Avenue.
According to investigators, a cab struck another cab traveling south on 7th Avenue. The second taxi careened toward the sidewalk.
Police say that one of the cabs ran a red light.
The cab struck a pole and a pedestrian standing near.
He was taken to the hospital along with the driver of one of the cabs. The nature of their injuries was not known.
The pedestrian was standing with his wife and two children at the time of the accident, officials said. They were not injured.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
new york city, accident, pedestrian struck, midtown, new york news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97