New York News
Pedestrian struck by a cab in Midtown accident
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two cabs collided in Midtown, sending one of them onto the sidewalk and into a pedestrian on Monday afternoon.
The accident happened just before 4:00 p.m. on Monday at 52nd Street and 7th Avenue.
According to investigators, a cab struck another cab traveling south on 7th Avenue. The second taxi careened toward the sidewalk.
Police say that one of the cabs ran a red light.
The cab struck a pole and a pedestrian standing near.
He was taken to the hospital along with the driver of one of the cabs. The nature of their injuries was not known.
The pedestrian was standing with his wife and two children at the time of the accident, officials said. They were not injured.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
new york city, accident, pedestrian struck, midtown, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 5 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 25 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide 23 min ago
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys 57 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
5 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos