New York News
Pedestrian struck by a cab in Midtown accident
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two cabs collided in Midtown, sending one of them onto the sidewalk and into a pedestrian on Monday afternoon.
The accident happened just before 4:00 p.m. on Monday at 52nd Street and 7th Avenue.
According to investigators, a cab struck another cab traveling south on 7th Avenue. The second taxi careened toward the sidewalk.
Police say that one of the cabs ran a red light.
The cab struck a pole and a pedestrian standing near.
He was taken to the hospital along with the driver of one of the cabs. The nature of their injuries was not known.
The pedestrian was standing with his wife and two children at the time of the accident, officials said. They were not injured.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
new york city, accident, pedestrian struck, midtown, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash