New York News
Manhunt under way after teen raped, tossed off building in Brooklyn
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Police are searching for one of two men accused of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl before throwing her off the roof of a building in Brooklyn.
Investigators say Antonio Owensford and Anwar Desouza lured the girl to the rooftop near Miller and Hegeman avenues around 4 a.m. on July 14.
The victim was taken to a hospital with multiple injuries to her arms, legs and neck.
Police arrested the 24-year-old Desouza and charged him with second-degree attempted murder, first-degree rape, first-degree assault, first-degree criminal sex act and second-degree strangulation.
Owensford, 26, remains on the loose, and police are actively seeking information regarding his whereabouts.
Neighbors recognized Owensford from his picture, though no one knew where he lived.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, brooklyn, rape, sexual assault, new york news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures