New York News
Manhunt under way after teen raped, tossed off building in Brooklyn
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Police are searching for one of two men accused of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl before throwing her off the roof of a building in Brooklyn.
Investigators say Antonio Owensford and Anwar Desouza lured the girl to the rooftop near Miller and Hegeman avenues around 4 a.m. on July 14.
The victim was taken to a hospital with multiple injuries to her arms, legs and neck.
Police arrested the 24-year-old Desouza and charged him with second-degree attempted murder, first-degree rape, first-degree assault, first-degree criminal sex act and second-degree strangulation.
Owensford, 26, remains on the loose, and police are actively seeking information regarding his whereabouts.
Neighbors recognized Owensford from his picture, though no one knew where he lived.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, brooklyn, rape, sexual assault, new york news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Train derail victim's brother speaks out about her death
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases