New York News
Manhunt under way after teen raped, tossed off building in Brooklyn
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Police are searching for one of two men accused of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl before throwing her off the roof of a building in Brooklyn.
Investigators say Antonio Owensford and Anwar Desouza lured the girl to the rooftop near Miller and Hegeman avenues around 4 a.m. on July 14.
The victim was taken to a hospital with multiple injuries to her arms, legs and neck.
Police arrested the 24-year-old Desouza and charged him with second-degree attempted murder, first-degree rape, first-degree assault, first-degree criminal sex act and second-degree strangulation.
Owensford, 26, remains on the loose, and police are actively seeking information regarding his whereabouts.
Neighbors recognized Owensford from his picture, though no one knew where he lived.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, brooklyn, rape, sexual assault, new york news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 1 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man in coma after Queens hit and run 36 min ago
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks head 11 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for...
5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
1 min ago