New York News
5 hospitalized after Brooklyn shooting
BUSHWICK (WABC) -- A shootout in the middle of the street on Saturday sent residents of Bushwick, Brooklyn ducking for cover.
Five people were shot outside the Bushwick Houses on Menahan Street - three men and two women. All of the victims were taken to Elmhurst Hopsital.
Eyewitnesses say five young men ran through the neighborhood and started shooting, allegedly at a man who they had an altercation with yesterday at McDonalds.
The shooters took off by running through a park. Police recovered a firearm at the scene.
Ivet Hernandez says she saw the incident happen. "There was [sic] children here, children playing in the park, and everybody just scattered because they were scared," Hernandez said, "nobody ever experienced that on this block."
The irony is that the 83rd Precinct is 100 feet away from where the shooting happened. It is so close that detectives walked to the scene. Instead of calling 911, residents told Eyewitness News that they ran towards the precinct and started screaming for help.
new york city, bushwick, brooklyn, shooting, new york news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute 23 min ago
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
56 min ago