New York News
5 hospitalized after Brooklyn shooting
BUSHWICK (WABC) -- A shootout in the middle of the street on Saturday sent residents of Bushwick, Brooklyn ducking for cover.
Five people were shot outside the Bushwick Houses on Menahan Street - three men and two women. All of the victims were taken to Elmhurst Hopsital.
Eyewitnesses say five young men ran through the neighborhood and started shooting, allegedly at a man who they had an altercation with yesterday at McDonalds.
The shooters took off by running through a park. Police recovered a firearm at the scene.
Ivet Hernandez says she saw the incident happen. "There was [sic] children here, children playing in the park, and everybody just scattered because they were scared," Hernandez said, "nobody ever experienced that on this block."
The irony is that the 83rd Precinct is 100 feet away from where the shooting happened. It is so close that detectives walked to the scene. Instead of calling 911, residents told Eyewitness News that they ran towards the precinct and started screaming for help.
new york city, bushwick, brooklyn, shooting, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 54 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment 47 min ago
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
54 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos