New York News
5 hospitalized after Brooklyn shooting
BUSHWICK (WABC) -- A shootout in the middle of the street on Saturday sent residents of Bushwick, Brooklyn ducking for cover.
Five people were shot outside the Bushwick Houses on Menahan Street - three men and two women. All of the victims were taken to Elmhurst Hopsital.
Eyewitnesses say five young men ran through the neighborhood and started shooting, allegedly at a man who they had an altercation with yesterday at McDonalds.
The shooters took off by running through a park. Police recovered a firearm at the scene.
Ivet Hernandez says she saw the incident happen. "There was [sic] children here, children playing in the park, and everybody just scattered because they were scared," Hernandez said, "nobody ever experienced that on this block."
The irony is that the 83rd Precinct is 100 feet away from where the shooting happened. It is so close that detectives walked to the scene. Instead of calling 911, residents told Eyewitness News that they ran towards the precinct and started screaming for help.
new york city, bushwick, brooklyn, shooting, new york news
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 30 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend 15 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City 41 min ago
- Metro-North derailment victim Jim Lovell to be laid to rest 43 min ago
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
15 min ago