New York News
5 hospitalized after Brooklyn shooting
BUSHWICK (WABC) -- A shootout in the middle of the street on Saturday sent residents of Bushwick, Brooklyn ducking for cover.
Five people were shot outside the Bushwick Houses on Menahan Street - three men and two women. All of the victims were taken to Elmhurst Hopsital.
Eyewitnesses say five young men ran through the neighborhood and started shooting, allegedly at a man who they had an altercation with yesterday at McDonalds.
The shooters took off by running through a park. Police recovered a firearm at the scene.
Ivet Hernandez says she saw the incident happen. "There was [sic] children here, children playing in the park, and everybody just scattered because they were scared," Hernandez said, "nobody ever experienced that on this block."
The irony is that the 83rd Precinct is 100 feet away from where the shooting happened. It is so close that detectives walked to the scene. Instead of calling 911, residents told Eyewitness News that they ran towards the precinct and started screaming for help.
new york city, bushwick, brooklyn, shooting, new york news
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 90-minute delays after LIRR service suspension 43 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 1 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians 46 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
1 min ago