New York News
Woman's body found in garbage can in the Bronx
BRONX (WABC) -- Police are investigating the discovery of a young woman's body found in a garbage can in the Bronx.
Late Sunday afternoon, detectives walked 52-year-old Moises Martinez out of the 44th Precinct. Just blocks away, his apartment was still being guarded as a crime scene.
Musician Victor Salva was coming home from work early this morning when he saw Martinez, who lives downstairs in 2C sitting in his livery cab right in front of 1256 Walton Ave in the Mount Eden section.
Law enforcement sources say the 52-year-old, who worked for Diplo Cab Service, allegedly confessed to killing his 29-year-old girlfriend, Yajaira Reyes, then stuffing her body in a garbage can. He was apparently getting ready to put the body in the cab, but was stopped by officers who responded to a report of a man acting suspiciously.
The cause of death is being determined by the medical examiner.
The victim's identity has not yet been released.
new york city, body found, bronx, new york news
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85 12 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos