New York News
Woman's body found in garbage can in the Bronx
BRONX (WABC) -- Police are investigating the discovery of a young woman's body found in a garbage can in the Bronx.
Late Sunday afternoon, detectives walked 52-year-old Moises Martinez out of the 44th Precinct. Just blocks away, his apartment was still being guarded as a crime scene.
Musician Victor Salva was coming home from work early this morning when he saw Martinez, who lives downstairs in 2C sitting in his livery cab right in front of 1256 Walton Ave in the Mount Eden section.
Law enforcement sources say the 52-year-old, who worked for Diplo Cab Service, allegedly confessed to killing his 29-year-old girlfriend, Yajaira Reyes, then stuffing her body in a garbage can. He was apparently getting ready to put the body in the cab, but was stopped by officers who responded to a report of a man acting suspiciously.
The cause of death is being determined by the medical examiner.
The victim's identity has not yet been released.
new york city, body found, bronx, new york news
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn 10 min ago
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit 29 min ago
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million