New York News
Woman's body found in garbage can in the Bronx
BRONX (WABC) -- Police are investigating the discovery of a young woman's body found in a garbage can in the Bronx.
Late Sunday afternoon, detectives walked 52-year-old Moises Martinez out of the 44th Precinct. Just blocks away, his apartment was still being guarded as a crime scene.
Musician Victor Salva was coming home from work early this morning when he saw Martinez, who lives downstairs in 2C sitting in his livery cab right in front of 1256 Walton Ave in the Mount Eden section.
Law enforcement sources say the 52-year-old, who worked for Diplo Cab Service, allegedly confessed to killing his 29-year-old girlfriend, Yajaira Reyes, then stuffing her body in a garbage can. He was apparently getting ready to put the body in the cab, but was stopped by officers who responded to a report of a man acting suspiciously.
The cause of death is being determined by the medical examiner.
The victim's identity has not yet been released.
new york city, body found, bronx, new york news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park