New York News
33 hurt in 22 weekend shootings in New York City
CROWN HEIGHTS (WABC) -- Police are looking into several shootings in Brooklyn and across New York City in what turned out to be a very violent weekend.
The number of victims is at nearly three dozen, with three fatalities.
Three men and a woman were hit in an apparent drive-by shooting in Crown Heights just before 10 p.m. Sunday. The incident occured on Lincoln Place and Rochester Avenue.
That brought the weekend total in the borough up to 11, with 22 shootings reported across the city. From 12:01 a.m. Friday until 11:59 p.m. Sunday, the NYPD says 33 people were wounded.
The Crown Heights shooting left the female victim in grave condition with bullet wounds to both thighs.
The three male also victims suffered bullet wounds to the legs. Two of the men are in their 40s, and one is in his 50s. They are all expected to survive.
Witnesses tell police that the victims were sitting on a stoop when a white or silver vehicle drove by and opened fire.
new york city, shooting, crown heights, brooklyn, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted 42 min ago
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings 41 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act 30 min ago