New York News
33 hurt in 22 weekend shootings in New York City
CROWN HEIGHTS (WABC) -- Police are looking into several shootings in Brooklyn and across New York City in what turned out to be a very violent weekend.
The number of victims is at nearly three dozen, with three fatalities.
Three men and a woman were hit in an apparent drive-by shooting in Crown Heights just before 10 p.m. Sunday. The incident occured on Lincoln Place and Rochester Avenue.
That brought the weekend total in the borough up to 11, with 22 shootings reported across the city. From 12:01 a.m. Friday until 11:59 p.m. Sunday, the NYPD says 33 people were wounded.
The Crown Heights shooting left the female victim in grave condition with bullet wounds to both thighs.
The three male also victims suffered bullet wounds to the legs. Two of the men are in their 40s, and one is in his 50s. They are all expected to survive.
Witnesses tell police that the victims were sitting on a stoop when a white or silver vehicle drove by and opened fire.
new york city, shooting, crown heights, brooklyn, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 24 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads 2 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash 9 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
24 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos