New York News
33 hurt in 22 weekend shootings in New York City
CROWN HEIGHTS (WABC) -- Police are looking into several shootings in Brooklyn and across New York City in what turned out to be a very violent weekend.
The number of victims is at nearly three dozen, with three fatalities.
Three men and a woman were hit in an apparent drive-by shooting in Crown Heights just before 10 p.m. Sunday. The incident occured on Lincoln Place and Rochester Avenue.
That brought the weekend total in the borough up to 11, with 22 shootings reported across the city. From 12:01 a.m. Friday until 11:59 p.m. Sunday, the NYPD says 33 people were wounded.
The Crown Heights shooting left the female victim in grave condition with bullet wounds to both thighs.
The three male also victims suffered bullet wounds to the legs. Two of the men are in their 40s, and one is in his 50s. They are all expected to survive.
Witnesses tell police that the victims were sitting on a stoop when a white or silver vehicle drove by and opened fire.
new york city, shooting, crown heights, brooklyn, new york news
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims 2 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- Suspect tries to abduct 11-year old boy in Queens
- Here and Now
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
11 min ago
- Malaysia asks countries for radar data to...
38 min ago