New York News
NYPD reopening 20-year-old cold case of Baby Hope
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 20-year-old New York City cold case is getting some renewed attention Tuesday.
In July of 1991, the body of a young girl was found inside a cooler in a wooded area on the Henry Hudson Parkway and Dyckman Street in Washington Heights just before 11 a.m.
Police are heading back to the area to talk to people and try to learn some new information.
Officers have flooded into the Inwood section of Manhattan putting up posters about the case.
The girl, identified as Baby Hope, was between 3 and 5 years old.
"Obviously someone had to know her," said Detective Robert Dewhurst of the Cold Case Apprehension Squad. "She may or may not have been from this area."
The NYPD released an updated age-progression sketch of the victim, as well as the original sketch from 1991.
"It's the best picture of a life-life little girl that people may recognize a lot better," Dewhurst said.
"It's upsetting that it's still a cold case, but it's exciting that they haven't given up," said area resident Anina Young.
"Somebody recognize something or remembers something so that at least they can catch the guy," said area resident Cesar Cruz.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call CrimeStoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS.
new york city, body found, nypd, new york news
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 26 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players 43 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay 54 min ago
- Lonely Michigan boy gets GMA surprise party
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85 8 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
26 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos