New York News
Bicyclist struck by car in Queens hit and run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are searching for the driver who left a bicyclist in critical condition following a hit and run in Queens.
The incident happened just after 2 a.m. at the intersection of Northern Boulevard and Broadway in Woodside.
Authorities say a dark-colored car, possibly a livery cab, struck the cyclist and took off.
Investigators said the bicyclist was holding onto the roof of the car, and was thrown off when the driver turned onto 53rd Place.
The victim was taken to Elmhurt Hospital in critical condition.
The driver was likely attempting to beat a light at the time of the crash, authorities said.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, queens, woodside, hit and run accident, new york news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 24 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at N.J. shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- Metro-North to require sleep apnea evaluation
- One dead, another rescued in Long Island fire
- Not so fast! Palcohol not approved by federal government
- Passengers step up to help elderly man in bus brawl
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Brooklyn hit and run suspect identified by police
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
24 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos