New York News
Man who vanished from Brooklyn hospital found
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An 81-year old patient who went missing from Long Island College Hospital in Brooklyn last week has been found in Florida.
New York City police had taken Celso Heredia to the hospital six weeks ago, after they found him confused and wandering along the edge of the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway.
Now he's turned up back at his home in Fort Pierce, Fla., perfectly healthy.
Heredia left the hospital Wednesday without being discharged.
There's no word on how he got out.
Heredia was one of just 10 patients remaining at Long Island College Hospital in Brooklyn.
new york city, brooklyn, cobble hill, hospital, missing person, new york news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos