New York News
Man who vanished from Brooklyn hospital found
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An 81-year old patient who went missing from Long Island College Hospital in Brooklyn last week has been found in Florida.
New York City police had taken Celso Heredia to the hospital six weeks ago, after they found him confused and wandering along the edge of the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway.
Now he's turned up back at his home in Fort Pierce, Fla., perfectly healthy.
Heredia left the hospital Wednesday without being discharged.
There's no word on how he got out.
Heredia was one of just 10 patients remaining at Long Island College Hospital in Brooklyn.
new york city, brooklyn, cobble hill, hospital, missing person, new york news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 14 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 56 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
14 min ago