New York News
Man who vanished from Brooklyn hospital found
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An 81-year old patient who went missing from Long Island College Hospital in Brooklyn last week has been found in Florida.
New York City police had taken Celso Heredia to the hospital six weeks ago, after they found him confused and wandering along the edge of the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway.
Now he's turned up back at his home in Fort Pierce, Fla., perfectly healthy.
Heredia left the hospital Wednesday without being discharged.
There's no word on how he got out.
Heredia was one of just 10 patients remaining at Long Island College Hospital in Brooklyn.
new york city, brooklyn, cobble hill, hospital, missing person, new york news
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken 32 min ago
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response 29 min ago
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
31 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos