New York News
Man who vanished from Brooklyn hospital found
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An 81-year old patient who went missing from Long Island College Hospital in Brooklyn last week has been found in Florida.
New York City police had taken Celso Heredia to the hospital six weeks ago, after they found him confused and wandering along the edge of the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway.
Now he's turned up back at his home in Fort Pierce, Fla., perfectly healthy.
Heredia left the hospital Wednesday without being discharged.
There's no word on how he got out.
Heredia was one of just 10 patients remaining at Long Island College Hospital in Brooklyn.
new york city, brooklyn, cobble hill, hospital, missing person, new york news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97