New York News
Check for your unclaimed funds in New York
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Some of us find it hard to imagine, but there's unclaimed money out there.
The New York State Comptroller wants to hand out $12.5 billion from more than 30 million old accounts.
Comptroller Thomas di Napoli handed out lottery-size checks on City Island Friday, even though the amounts were not exactly jackpot-size.
Most people only forget $50 to $100 in old checking or savings accounts.
But one abandoned account does have over $1.7 million in it.
To find out if there is money out there for you, check the comptroller's website: http://osc.state.ny.us/
new york city, new york news
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 52 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland 26 min ago
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction 22 min ago
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident 56 min ago
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Sea Isle fire destroys 3 beachfront homes 14 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 58 min ago
- Yonkers family outraged after dog mauled by pit bull 9 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
5 min ago
- Suspect identified in attempted baby...
22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
52 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
58 min ago