New York News
Check for your unclaimed funds in New York
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Some of us find it hard to imagine, but there's unclaimed money out there.
The New York State Comptroller wants to hand out $12.5 billion from more than 30 million old accounts.
Comptroller Thomas di Napoli handed out lottery-size checks on City Island Friday, even though the amounts were not exactly jackpot-size.
Most people only forget $50 to $100 in old checking or savings accounts.
But one abandoned account does have over $1.7 million in it.
To find out if there is money out there for you, check the comptroller's website: http://osc.state.ny.us/
new york city, new york news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97