New York News
Check for your unclaimed funds in New York
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Some of us find it hard to imagine, but there's unclaimed money out there.
The New York State Comptroller wants to hand out $12.5 billion from more than 30 million old accounts.
Comptroller Thomas di Napoli handed out lottery-size checks on City Island Friday, even though the amounts were not exactly jackpot-size.
Most people only forget $50 to $100 in old checking or savings accounts.
But one abandoned account does have over $1.7 million in it.
To find out if there is money out there for you, check the comptroller's website: http://osc.state.ny.us/
new york city, new york news
- At least 2 dead, 55 hurt in East Harlem explosion 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Some Metro-North service restored after East Harlem explosion 10 min ago
- Video: Emergency personnel investigating East...
- Video: How will the East Harlem explosion affect...
- Video: Building explosion rattles East Harlem
- Video: De Blasio: Gas leak complaint came in 15...
- Video: Residents near East Harlem explosion...
- Video: Woman hears East Harlem Explosion, thought...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination