New York News
Woman attacked and robbed in Crown Heights
CROWN HEIGHTS (WABC) -- The search is on for a man who attacked and robbed a 69-year old woman in Brooklyn.
Police have released surveillance video of the man they want to find.
He's accused of following a woman into a building on Saint John's Place in the Crown Heights section Friday night.
Police say he followed her into the elevator before pushing her to the ground, kicking and punching her, and taking off with her jewelry.
The suspect removed her rings, chains and pendants and fled the scene.
He is described as a black male, 5'9" tall weighing 185 pounds wearing blue jeans and a grey sweatshirt.
Anyone with information is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers Website at http://WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or texting their tips to 274637(CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
new york city, crown heights, robbery, new york news
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park 37 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son 42 min ago
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home 23 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32