New York News
Woman attacked and robbed in Crown Heights
CROWN HEIGHTS (WABC) -- The search is on for a man who attacked and robbed a 69-year old woman in Brooklyn.
Police have released surveillance video of the man they want to find.
He's accused of following a woman into a building on Saint John's Place in the Crown Heights section Friday night.
Police say he followed her into the elevator before pushing her to the ground, kicking and punching her, and taking off with her jewelry.
The suspect removed her rings, chains and pendants and fled the scene.
He is described as a black male, 5'9" tall weighing 185 pounds wearing blue jeans and a grey sweatshirt.
Anyone with information is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers Website at http://WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or texting their tips to 274637(CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
new york city, crown heights, robbery, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted 36 min ago
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings 37 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014