New York News
Woman attacked and robbed in Crown Heights
CROWN HEIGHTS (WABC) -- The search is on for a man who attacked and robbed a 69-year old woman in Brooklyn.
Police have released surveillance video of the man they want to find.
He's accused of following a woman into a building on Saint John's Place in the Crown Heights section Friday night.
Police say he followed her into the elevator before pushing her to the ground, kicking and punching her, and taking off with her jewelry.
The suspect removed her rings, chains and pendants and fled the scene.
He is described as a black male, 5'9" tall weighing 185 pounds wearing blue jeans and a grey sweatshirt.
Anyone with information is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers Website at http://WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or texting their tips to 274637(CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
new york city, crown heights, robbery, new york news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos