New York News
Woman attacked and robbed in Crown Heights
CROWN HEIGHTS (WABC) -- The search is on for a man who attacked and robbed a 69-year old woman in Brooklyn.
Police have released surveillance video of the man they want to find.
He's accused of following a woman into a building on Saint John's Place in the Crown Heights section Friday night.
Police say he followed her into the elevator before pushing her to the ground, kicking and punching her, and taking off with her jewelry.
The suspect removed her rings, chains and pendants and fled the scene.
He is described as a black male, 5'9" tall weighing 185 pounds wearing blue jeans and a grey sweatshirt.
Anyone with information is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers Website at http://WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or texting their tips to 274637(CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
new york city, crown heights, robbery, new york news
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 4 min ago
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Malaysia asks countries for radar data to help find jet
- Here and Now
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos