New York News
Man arrested in deadly Queens hit and run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Queens man is under arrest following a hit and run accident that killed a pedestrian early Saturday morning.
Detectives identified 34-year old Carl Alvear as the driver who hit a woman on the Van Wyck Expressway at about 5 a.m. in Jamaica.
They say his truck was heading north on the service road, struck the woman, and left the scene.
The victim, 31-year old Latrisha Been, was taken to Jamaica Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
Alvear is charged with Manslaughter-Recklessly Cause Death.
new york city, queens, fresh meadows, hit and run accident, new york news
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents
- Photos: Dancing With The Stars Season 18 cast
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon