New York News
Man arrested in deadly Queens hit and run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Queens man is under arrest following a hit and run accident that killed a pedestrian early Saturday morning.
Detectives identified 34-year old Carl Alvear as the driver who hit a woman on the Van Wyck Expressway at about 5 a.m. in Jamaica.
They say his truck was heading north on the service road, struck the woman, and left the scene.
The victim, 31-year old Latrisha Been, was taken to Jamaica Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
Alvear is charged with Manslaughter-Recklessly Cause Death.
new york city, queens, fresh meadows, hit and run accident, new york news
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville 40 min ago
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field 51 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos