New York News
Man arrested in deadly Queens hit and run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Queens man is under arrest following a hit and run accident that killed a pedestrian early Saturday morning.
Detectives identified 34-year old Carl Alvear as the driver who hit a woman on the Van Wyck Expressway at about 5 a.m. in Jamaica.
They say his truck was heading north on the service road, struck the woman, and left the scene.
The victim, 31-year old Latrisha Been, was taken to Jamaica Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
Alvear is charged with Manslaughter-Recklessly Cause Death.
new york city, queens, fresh meadows, hit and run accident, new york news
- South Plainfield High School lockdown lifted 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives 2 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck 7 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 11 min ago
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt 46 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime 8 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3...
46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
2 min ago