New York News
Man arrested in deadly Queens hit and run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Queens man is under arrest following a hit and run accident that killed a pedestrian early Saturday morning.
Detectives identified 34-year old Carl Alvear as the driver who hit a woman on the Van Wyck Expressway at about 5 a.m. in Jamaica.
They say his truck was heading north on the service road, struck the woman, and left the scene.
The victim, 31-year old Latrisha Been, was taken to Jamaica Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
Alvear is charged with Manslaughter-Recklessly Cause Death.
new york city, queens, fresh meadows, hit and run accident, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- Pope Francis celebrates Easter with prayers for peace
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos