New York News
Teenager shot and killed on street in Bed-Stuy
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Brooklyn are looking for two men they say shot and killed a teenager.
It happened early Saturday morning on Fulton Street in Bedford-Stuyvesant.
Police released surveillance footage of the two suspects running from the scene.
They're accused of shooting and killing 17-year old Kamau Chandler.
Police say the victim and his friends were walking on the street when they were approached from behind by the two suspects.
After the two groups began arguing, police say one of the suspects pulled a gun and shot Chandler in the head and chest.
He was pronounced dead on arrival at Interfaith Hospital.
The suspects are described as a black male in his 20's, thin with short hair, wearing an orange shirt with a dark strip on it, and a black male, 6'2" tall wearing a navy blue cut off hoody.
Anyone with information is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, brooklyn, bedford-stuyvesant, shooting, new york news
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 52 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault 18 min ago
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Magnitude-7.5 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
52 min ago