New York News
Teenager shot and killed on street in Bed-Stuy
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Brooklyn are looking for two men they say shot and killed a teenager.
It happened early Saturday morning on Fulton Street in Bedford-Stuyvesant.
Police released surveillance footage of the two suspects running from the scene.
They're accused of shooting and killing 17-year old Kamau Chandler.
Police say the victim and his friends were walking on the street when they were approached from behind by the two suspects.
After the two groups began arguing, police say one of the suspects pulled a gun and shot Chandler in the head and chest.
He was pronounced dead on arrival at Interfaith Hospital.
The suspects are described as a black male in his 20's, thin with short hair, wearing an orange shirt with a dark strip on it, and a black male, 6'2" tall wearing a navy blue cut off hoody.
Anyone with information is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, brooklyn, bedford-stuyvesant, shooting, new york news
- At least 1 dead, 15 hurt in East Harlem explosion 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 5 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25