New York News
Car crashes into Second Avenue Subway site
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A two-car accident occurred on 2nd Ave and East 95th street on Sunday afternoon.
Eyewitnesses say the silver SUV was traveling westbound on 95th Street when another car ran a red light and crashed into it head on. That sent the SUV on an out of control path straight for the construction site of the new tunnel.
Witnesses say the man was a bit shaken up, but managed to make it out of the car by himself. Fortunately, the car got stuck where it did - the tunnel goes down about 80 feet.
Two people suffered minor injuries. One of the victims went to New York Hospital, and one refused medical attention.
new york city, accident, second avenue subway project, upper east side, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash