New York News
Car crashes into Second Avenue Subway site
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A two-car accident occurred on 2nd Ave and East 95th street on Sunday afternoon.
Eyewitnesses say the silver SUV was traveling westbound on 95th Street when another car ran a red light and crashed into it head on. That sent the SUV on an out of control path straight for the construction site of the new tunnel.
Witnesses say the man was a bit shaken up, but managed to make it out of the car by himself. Fortunately, the car got stuck where it did - the tunnel goes down about 80 feet.
Two people suffered minor injuries. One of the victims went to New York Hospital, and one refused medical attention.
new york city, accident, second avenue subway project, upper east side, new york news
- Mike Woodson out as head coach of Knicks 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos