New York News
Woman hit by tree branch in East Harlem
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A woman playing basketball was injured after being hit by a large tree branch in East Harlem.
The woman was playing in the park at the Metro North Houses, a housing development in East Harlem, when she was hit by the large branch.
The park is near 102nd Street and 1st Avenue.
The woman was taken to NY Presbyterian Cornell in stable condition.
It happened at around 8 p.m. on Monday.
No one else was injured.
The area around the branch was cordoned off so the branch could be removed.
new york city, east harlem, new york news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera
- Man caught on camera using cloned ATM card
- BridgeGate panel could call Gov. Chris Christie to testify
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 24 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014