New York News
Woman hit by tree branch in East Harlem
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A woman playing basketball was injured after being hit by a large tree branch in East Harlem.
The woman was playing in the park at the Metro North Houses, a housing development in East Harlem, when she was hit by the large branch.
The park is near 102nd Street and 1st Avenue.
The woman was taken to NY Presbyterian Cornell in stable condition.
It happened at around 8 p.m. on Monday.
No one else was injured.
The area around the branch was cordoned off so the branch could be removed.
new york city, east harlem, new york news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92 14 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014