New York News
Woman hit by tree branch in East Harlem
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A woman playing basketball was injured after being hit by a large tree branch in East Harlem.
The woman was playing in the park at the Metro North Houses, a housing development in East Harlem, when she was hit by the large branch.
The park is near 102nd Street and 1st Avenue.
The woman was taken to NY Presbyterian Cornell in stable condition.
It happened at around 8 p.m. on Monday.
No one else was injured.
The area around the branch was cordoned off so the branch could be removed.
new york city, east harlem, new york news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 55 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- Reaction to death of Nelson Mandela
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Carteret freight train derailment: Turnpike reopens
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
- Alleged assault of Seton Hall student may be captured on video
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos