New York News
Woman hit by tree branch in East Harlem
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A woman playing basketball was injured after being hit by a large tree branch in East Harlem.
The woman was playing in the park at the Metro North Houses, a housing development in East Harlem, when she was hit by the large branch.
The park is near 102nd Street and 1st Avenue.
The woman was taken to NY Presbyterian Cornell in stable condition.
It happened at around 8 p.m. on Monday.
No one else was injured.
The area around the branch was cordoned off so the branch could be removed.
new york city, east harlem, new york news
- At least 2 dead, 28 hurt in East Harlem explosion 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion 38 min ago
- Video: Emergency personnel investigating East... 28 min ago
- Video: How will the East Harlem explosion affect... 38 min ago
- Video: Building explosion rattles East Harlem 43 min ago
- Video: De Blasio: Gas leak complaint came in 15... 44 min ago
- Video: Residents near East Harlem explosion... 44 min ago
- Video: Woman hears East Harlem Explosion, thought...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination