New York News
Two killed by LIRR train; investigated as possible suicides
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are investigating the deaths of two people killed by an LIRR train in Hollis, Queens as possible suicides.
A westbound LIRR train struck two people near the Hollis station at 193rd Street and Woodhull Avenue at around 10:20 p.m. Monday night.
The victims were a man and a woman, both in their 20s to 40s.
They have not yet been identified.
Witnesses say they jumped in front of the train.
Two trains were delayed due to the police investigation.
Investigators were reviewing evidence found at the scene.
new york city, long island railroad, new york news
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing 50 min ago
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday