New York News
Two killed by LIRR train; investigated as possible suicides
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are investigating the deaths of two people killed by an LIRR train in Hollis, Queens as possible suicides.
A westbound LIRR train struck two people near the Hollis station at 193rd Street and Woodhull Avenue at around 10:20 p.m. Monday night.
The victims were a man and a woman, both in their 20s to 40s.
They have not yet been identified.
Witnesses say they jumped in front of the train.
Two trains were delayed due to the police investigation.
Investigators were reviewing evidence found at the scene.
new york city, long island railroad, new york news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives 23 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
23 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos